To be a clinically led and innovative commissioning organisation that puts patients first, improves their healthcare outcomes, and operates with minimal bureaucracy.
Key within the CCG’s vision is to:
- Ensure the healthcare system works better for patients, with a focus on right care, at the right time, in the right place, providing seamless, world class and integrated care for patients, particularly those with complex needs.
- Safeguard vital services, prioritising patients’ with the greatest health needs and ensuring that there is clinical evidence behind every decision
- Improve or maintain quality whilst making efficient use of available resources
- Move care closer to home
- Enable practices to feel they are being supported in the process of delivering care.
This vision cannot be delivered in isolation by the CCG, but requires a whole system approach to the delivery of care.
We will commission excellent health and social care, which delivers the very best health outcomes for patients with the resources available.
When it comes to creating better healthcare for all, we believe that working in collaboration with public, patients, clinicians, managers and key stakeholders is essential.
By working together, we can:
- Influence and direct behaviours and commission services for better patient outcomes
- Safeguard vital services and prioritise needs
- Maintain and improve quality and make best use of resources
- Provide strong clinical leadership
- Encourage and enable providers to be more efficient and focus more on quality.
We have actively engaged with our public and partners in developing our vision and purpose, and will continue to build on this experience through the development of a Patient Council and Provider Forum in conjunction with our local authority colleagues.